Communications Key to Re-Launching, Re-Positioning
Start-up Ubicom needed a completely outsourced communications team to step in and manage a re-launching and re-positioning of the company. The company looked to Tanis Communications for a completely new messaging platform; solid, end-to-end communications; and meticulous execution across all communications vehicles: public relations, Web site, tradeshows, collateral and technical documentation.
In addition to the company re-launch, Tanis Communications evangelized and gained visibility for Ubicom’s new innovative microprocessor architecture.
“Tanis’ team of expert consultants delivered top-notch results that put Ubicom on the map and helped drive demand and sales.”
Glenn Schuster, Former Vice President of Marketing, Ubicom
- Introduce company CEO to key press and analysts; educate key players on company vision of wireless networking and unique architectural approach
- Secure press coverage on company and its vision in targeted press
- Evangelize new microprocessor architecture; Build momentum for product introduction one year later
- Drive coverage in targeted OEM publications on company’s existing product line and new product
Hitting the ground running
Tanis Communications’ unique business model enabled it to provide a fully integrated communications program out of the gate. It quickly assembled a team of PR and marketing communications professionals with a great depth of experience in the semiconductor industry. The Tanis team provided Ubicom with immediate press and analyst contacts in its target market, and planned and implemented highly successful PR and marketing communications programs.
Develop positioning and key messaging platform
- Developed clear, concise messaging across the company and existing products; establish company vision for future of wireless networking
- Executed systematic disclosure to key industry influencers; information consistently incorporated into all collateral and press materials
- Developed end-to-end timeline; strategically mapped all key inflection points leveraged for maximum coverage
- Developed new corporate presentation used throughout company for meetings with financial analysts, customers and the press. Developed product-focused presentation for launch of IP3023
- Arranged more than 75 meetings introducing new CEO to key influencers and brief them on the company’s new wireless network processor
- Developed and distributed steady stream of press releases and advisories the year prior and up to product launch. Authored and secured approval on quotes from numerous influential industry analysts in support of the launch.
- Authored and placed multiple contributed articles in top tier trade publications
- Sourced, wrote and desktop published two white papers on company technology
- Sourced, wrote and desktop published comprehensive data sheet on new product
- Secured several key speaking engagements for company executives
Traction for new architecture; Top Innovator Award
- Established strong traction within the analyst community for new microprocessor architecture
- Company executives showcased in global events
- CEO profiled and company named an Industry Top Ten Innovator by Red Herring
- Coverage in key industry publications such as EE Times, Electronic Design cover story, EBN
For More Information
Tanis Communications, Inc.
Silicon Valley Headquarters
800 W El Camino Real, Suite 180
Mountain View, CA 94040
Tel: +1 650-731-0554