Positioning Oclaro as the Leader in the Optical Components Industry
Leveraging more than three decades of innovation in laser technology, photonic integration and transceiver/subsystem design, Oclaro’s solutions are at the heart of the fast optical networks and high-speed interconnects that are enabling the next wave of streaming video, cloud computing, voice over IP and other high-speed bandwidth-intensive applications.
“Oclaro has announced production shipments of what it calls the industry’s first fully-tunable SFP+ industrial temperature range (TSFP+ I-temp) transceiver. This transceiver is deigned for cable companies deploying the latest DOCSIS 3.1 standard, which pushes fiber installation much deeper into the HFC network to reach next-generation Remote Phy nodes.”
- Develop and pitch a calendar of editorial opportunities, award opportunities and contributed article opportunities in order to ensure steady coverage throughout the year.
- Develop a calendar of editorial and contributed article opportunities in key optical publications and proactively pitch abstracts to editors.
- Write first drafts of contributed articles with input from the client.
- Identify publications that were distributing their issues in hard copy at Oclaro’s most important two industry conferences and developed abstracts for those publications that accept contributed articles.
- Identify top industry award programs that would highlight the competitive advantage of Oclaro’s products and develop award submissions.
- Maintain regular contact with all key optical editors to keep abreast of their editorial needs and provide input from Oclaro as appropriate.
The objective was to create an ongoing PR campaign that positioned Oclaro as the leading supplier of optical components needed for driving the next wave of bandwidth for streaming video, audio, internet and other bandwidth intensive applications. The goal was to create substantial awareness around key Oclaro technology and competitive differentiation leading up to, during, and after Oclaro’s two most important conferences of the year: OFC and ECOC.
- Placed contributed articles in the two major publications being distributed at Oclaro’s top two tradeshows, one of which garnered so much interest in remained on the publications home page for the entire year.
- Secured two award wins for Oclaro in highly coveted industry awards showcasing Oclaro’s product innovation: the Lightreading Innovation Awards and Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) Award.
- Secured 117 unique articles in 18 industry publications between April 2017and April 2018.
“In what looks like a step towards a slightly more open coherent optical module market, Acacia and Oclaro have teamed up to develop interoperable CFP2-DCO (digital coherent optics) products that will provide transport system vendors and network operators with multiple sources for pluggable modules based on Acacia’s Meru coherent DSP (digital signal processor) technology.”
For More Information
Tanis Communications, Inc.
Silicon Valley Headquarters
800 W El Camino Real, Suite 180
Mountain View, CA 94040
Tel: +1 650-731-0554