Positioning an Insurance Brokerage and Consulting Firm as an Industry Thought Leader
EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants is a unique and innovative retail property & casualty and employee benefits insurance brokerage and consulting firm. Since its founding in 2007, EPIC has grown revenue from$12 million to an estimated run rate of $280 million through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions. With 1,100 team members operating from offices across the U.S., EPIC has a depth of industry knowledge across key lines of insurance, including commercial property and casualty, employee benefits, unique specialty program insurance and private client services.
“Tanis Communications has the ability to illuminate EPIC’s media exposure by helping to position our team members as expert sources on a wide range of insurance-related topics in the media. Tanis has become an extension of our own team and is a vital partnerin our ongoing marketing efforts.
They were new to the insurance business when we engaged them (part of why we selected them – we wanted something fresh and unique, that challenged our own beliefs and preconceptions) and they proved to be quick studies; smart, honest and capable advisors; and extremely effective professionals. Not to mention a team of great people. No BS. Just commitment and results. I endorse them without reservation.”
Dave Hock, Senior Vice President,Marketing and Communications at EPIC
- Identify publications that accept contributed articles and reporters who are looking for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to use as sources in their articles
- Help EPIC SMEs identify key industry trends and create exclusive content on how these trends impact customers, as well as provide tips and guidelines for navigating through challenges and opportunities
- Conduct regular discussions with SMEs to develop unique and educational angles
- Create compelling abstracts that articulate the trend and its impact on various industries
- Proactively pitch abstracts to editors with whom we have developed relationships with over the past two and a half years.
- Search high and low through media databases, HARO, google alerts, social media conversation tracking and old-fashion editorial calendars to unearth editorial opportunities
- Ghost write articles based on publication guidelines, carefully developing a storyline that appeals to the publication’s audience without over-marketing EPIC
- Work with SMEs to review and refine the article based on their expertise on the topic prior to submitting
EPIC’s expertise across the insurance field provided the perfect opportunity to create an ongoing campaign both regionally and nationally to position EPIC subject matter experts as thought leaders in their respective industries. After identifying targeted publications, Tanis worked with EPIC experts to create unique points of view on industry trends to provide meaningful insight on topics ranging from employee benefits, wellness, healthcare, Affordable Care Act, retirement, cyber security, private exchanges, OSHA and transportation.
As a result of the campaign, Tanis placed 21 contributed articles in 12 industry publications and 56 unique articles in 20 industry publications over a 2-year period, garnering over 12,835 press mentions.
- Placed 21 contributed articles in 12 industry publications on employee benefits, wellness, cyber security, private exchanges, OSHA and retirement over a 2-year period
- Secured coverage in 56 unique articles in 20 industry publications over a 2-year period
- 12,835 total press mentions overa 2-year period
For More Information
Tanis Communications, Inc.
Silicon Valley Headquarters
800 W El Camino Real, Suite 180
Mountain View, CA 94040
Tel: +1 650-731-0554